Sunday, October 5, 2008

Creating For God

Since last years Joyce Meyer Convention, I've been trying to figure out just how I'm supposed to be using my art to honor and praise God. I kept thinking that I was maybe supposed to donate my art to things, or maybe I was supposed to do religious art. Neither of which was happening. Nothing presented itself to donate to, and I'm not real good at the religious art kind of thing, maybe something will come to me at some point, but so far it hasn't. So I've been praying, asking God how I'm supposed to use this talent He's blessed me with for His Glory. Well this wknd at the convention, He spoke to me so loudly that there was no way that I could deny what He said. From now on, 1/2 of the proceeds from any sale of any of my art work will go to God. He left out the part of HOW that was supposed to happen, ie; what charity or what have you, so I'm gonna have to pray some more on that. So, now I'm all that more excited about setting up my etsy shop and getting things listed. Only good things can happen!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, great thoughts! Do you work in a certain medium or mixed? I'm the community director at JMM and I saw your earlier post about the Women's Convention, so glad you enjoyed it! It really was an amazing place, thanks for joining us! If you're interested I've posted some of the highlight videos on our youtube page (www.youtube.com/joycemeyerministries) and if you're on facebook there's pictures on our fan page, Joyce Meyer Ministries. Thanks again!

A Note From The Queen said...

How exciting, I'm so glad you came to my blog. JMM is what has truly started my walk with the Lord. I work mostly in mixed media, but do a lot of abstract acrylics as well. Off to check out youtube.com! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, I'd love to hear more about it sometime! I encourage you to keep creating art as well! I believe that art is a great way of understanding God, I not just "religious" art but I think because our God is the original Creator that great art always points back to him! Maybe you could do some work for a church in your area, some signage or banners? My wife does some work on Etsy and it's a wonderful place to both find art and be inspired! Hope you enjoyed the vid!