Friday, February 20, 2009

All About Me


Ok normally this isn't something I would put here, but there's no other way to say it. I'm taking this class at church that is lead by our pastor and it's wonderful!!! It's all about learning what my strengths and weaknesses are and how to hone them and use them in the best possible way. I have learned so much about myself in just the last 3 weeks, it's amazing. We've done several different personality/gift type tests and they've all told me things I already know about myself, but in such an in depth way that I'm beginning to better understand myself. I can recognize now that my struggle with self dicipline (and other things) isn't imagined, it's all part of how God designed me. Doesn't mean that I can use that as an excuse not to be, but it helps me to better accept that part of me and feel a little less guilty about my inability to do it easily.
Another fabulous thing that I'm learning in doing this, is what personality traits others have as well. By being able to recognize different personality traits in others I can use what I know of these different personalities to better understand how to communicate with them. This is especially useful if I have to deal with someone that I have a hard time with. Thankfully that doesn't happen all that often.
Learning all these things will help me to be a better servant of God. It will be helpful to me as a small group leader because I will be able to make better connections with people. It'll help me to learn what ways I am better suited for His service. I can't wait!! I'm so excited about it all, I've learned so much and I can't wait to learn more and put it all to good use.

No comments: