Sunday, March 8, 2009

God at work


For many years the relationship I had with my mom was a bit tumultuous, and somewhat strained. I have to tell you though, since God has really started working in her life she and I have become closer. She's a joy to be around and to talk to. I love watching her excitement for Christ grow. I so completely see that fire for the Lord just growing in her and she hungers for what He has to offer. She's blessed with the gift of hospitality, a trait she most certainly didn't pass on to me. So when she gets God led ideas they usually are in the realm of hospitality. I love watching her be excited about doing things for others in ways that I would never dream to do. In my opinion the giving of self in that respect is such a wonderful, humbling gift because our time is so important and valued and most of us complain we don't have nearly enough of it. She, however, gets so much joy from spending her time doing things, baking or cooking for others. Isn't it awesome how God made each one of us so different to fulfill His purpose.

No comments: