Friday, March 6, 2009

Tell Someone


Does the thought of opening your mouth to speak about the Lord God Almighty outside of the safe walls of your church make your stomach do flip flops? You wouldn't be alone in that respect in the least. I think as Christians we have to ask God to help us overcome that fear so that we can tell the world about Him without hesitation or fear of persecution. We only have to look to the Bible to see great accounts of Christians with such great love for their Lord that they were willing to die rather than not speak His name. There are some really awesome opportunities out there to be had if only you'd ask God to give you the words. I'm very blessed because I have very little trepidation when it comes to talking to others about God. I am so excited when I find a way to work God into the every day conversation because I cannot wait to share what God has done for me. Very rarely do I get the tummy flip flops or the heart racing because of anxiety or fear. Mind you, I've been very blessed to not have come across anyone who has challenged me. When that happens I know that my God will give me the words I need at that moment.
On the subject of Evangelism, I want to share something amazing and so "of God" that happened to me this week. On Monday, my husband and I went out for lunch at a place here in town. Our waitress came to our table and began to tell us about the specials. In mid-sentence she stopped to tell me just how much she loved my necklace. It wasn't anything fancy, just a scrabble charm necklace I made with a silver cross on it. I thanked her and we went on about our business. We got home from lunch and I heard God say to me "why didn't you give it to her?". I thought well, why didn't you tell me to do that when I was there!?? LOL So I went about my afternoon, and later He said it again, "why didn't you give it to her?". So I put my shoes on and went back to the restaurant but by this time it was 4:00 and she was gone for the day. So I found out when she worked again and made a point to stop there on that day. When I got there it was lunch time but the place was pretty empty and she wasn't busy. When I spoke to her, I reminded her about us eating there on Monday and how she'd commented on my necklace. I told her that since then, I'd been told to give her my necklace. She just looked at me funny and said "why?". I said "when God tells you to do something, you just do it". She paused and then said to me, that she had just started going back to church the Sunday before. That she'd been praying to find the motivation to get back to church and had finally found it. She began to tear up and then hugged me. I was so filled with joy because I know that through God I was able to witness to her and may have helped her in a time when she maybe was having some doubt.
Our God is an awesome God and everyone needs to know Him. I wholeheartedly take on that responsibility of sharing Him every chance I get! I hope you do too!

No comments: