Sunday, May 16, 2010

Velcro

I have these pains and sorrows, all this guilt and shame,

I take them with me everywhere I go, each and every day.

I try to peel them off, but it always turns out the same

They're attached to me like Velcro,

I have a feeling they think it's a game.

And I'm pretty sure they've started to grow.

I call out to Jesus by His name,

Help me Lord to let these issues go!

I know that my forgiveness is why you came.

The reason you let your precious blood flow.

An innocent man, who had no blame.

You paid a debt that you did not owe.

Jesus tells me, " child, bring me your pains, sorrows, guilt and shame"

So to the feet of Jesus I will go,

Praying all the way that it won't turn out the same,

Trusting in what I already know,

That Jesus knows me by my name

He'll tear them away from the Velcro

He won't let them play the game,

All I have to do, is let them go

These feelings of pain, sorrow, guilt and shame.

But, there they are again…..stuck to me like Velcro.

No comments: