Sunday, August 28, 2011

Learning

May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your site, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

I talk a lot, always have, I'm friendly, very socially oriented and out going. I can remember when I was younger my mom always having to tell me to think before I speak. Apparently God is trying to teach me the same lesson, however, it's much more humbling when God is teaching you something than when your mom is.

The hardest part is the people I've hurt with my words are people I love and I don't even realize I've done it until God convicts me that I own someone an apology. It's terribly humbling to have to do that.

God keeps showing me that He is my Teacher and that He wants great things for me if onlky I will listen and learn. There are areas of my life that He's been trying to teach me things for years, and yet I just cannot seem to let go and let God. I keep trying to do things my own way. Not surprising I keep failing on my own as well.

Psalm 19:14 will have to become part of my every day prayers and in the forefront of my mind so that my words are pleasing to God and not hurtful to others.

No comments: