Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Overflowing Joy

I'm sitting here looking at my computer screen trying to figure out just how to explain all this. I can't quite seem to fit into words the way that I'm feeling. Anyone that knows me can tell you rarely am I at a loss for words, I usually have too many words. However this is a different kind of thing because I'm trying to describe my feelings and emotions and love for Someone that cannot be described or summarized into words. I have this, 'trying to fit a size 16 body into a size 12 pair of jeans' bursting at the seams, overflowing, excitement, love, and joy for my Lord Jesus Christ and I just cannot seem to express it. I literally want to shake people and scream at them "WAKE UP!!! DON'T YOU KNOW WHO JESUS IS???"

However, today in bible study we learned that we need to be gentle with our testimonies. I suppose that is the right way to go about it, but I just feel such an urgency to tell people, to make them understand, to help them see what Joy there is to be found in loving the Lord. I want everyone, not just the people I know and love, but EVERYONE, to know what this feels like. To know that no matter what, you are loved unconditionally, that you are NEVER alone, that you have someone who cheers you on when you are flying high and doing well, and someone whose arms are there for you to fall in when you crash. Someone to give you hope and wash away your fears, and someone to shower you with grace. Most importantly you have a Father in Heaven who wants to spend eternity with you in a perfect and wonderful place where there is nothing but goodness.
If you don't know Jesus, email me; jgiffordii@wi.rr.com and I will tell you all about Him and all the goodness that He wants for you. If you do know Jesus, Hallelujah, and share this blog post with others so that together we can reach people for the Lord. EVERYONE should experience this Overflowing Joy, EVERYONE should experience everlasting life in Heaven with the One True God.

No comments: