Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Shack

I was up north this past week and in that time I read the book The Shack. I loved it!!! I think the reason I loved it so much was because of the way it challenged the "norm" in which you think of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Not that this is a book of nonfiction, cause no one really knows what the Trinity looks like, but whose to say that They can't look as described in this book?? I love books that make me think outside my box and be more open to other possibilities.

2 comments:

MRMARK said...

I also read the book but I found this review opened my eyes to what I thought was new, but was actually false and misleading.

http://www.challies.com/archives/book-reviews/a-review-of-the-shack-download-it-here.php

A Note From The Queen said...

As I read the book, I must say that there were some parts that I questioned, but then reminded myself that it was just a book of fiction. I do believe though, that like Mack I have a preconceived notion that God is a long white haired being, and had never given thought that He could be anything else but. I think it also that it helped me to open up the way I talk to God, still reverant, but on more on a personal level. So while, certainly not something to challenge or take the place of the Bible, if read in the right context, I believe that there are good things that can be taken away from this story.