Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Are you surrounded by Christians?


Something I've discovered in the last year or so, is that I'm surrounded by Christians. People I've known for years, yet never knew they were Christians. Since I have started letting my love for God shine forth, I have found that there are many others that have a love for God as well. Why is it as Christians we're so hesitant to tell others about this? All the awesome things He does for all of us every single moment of every single day, and we can't pay Him the respect of speaking His name to others. Now I'm not saying you've gotta preach a sermon to everyone. However, I've found that just a simple sentence starter like "Boy God sure blessed me today by....." or "I've been praying about....." or "God must've really wanted me to.....". These are not big announcements, but these are things that I share with people now all the time just in every day conversation. I give Him His credit when it is due to Him, which is ALL the time. In doing so I have found many brothers and sisters in Christ and I'm so happy to know that I AM surrounded by Christians. It's just a shame that we're all so afraid or unwilling to share that with others for fear of being rejected. If they should reject us because we have a love for God, do we really want to have a close relationship with them anyways? It also opens the doors for us to see those who need our prayers, if they only knew what they were missing!I challenge you to wear your love for God on your sleeve and let the whole world see it. You too may be surrounded by Christians!

No comments: