Monday, September 22, 2008

Are you there God? It's me, Lisa.

Do you ever have times in your life that even though you're still doing all the right things, praying, reading your bible, living right, you just feel like God is busy with someone else? Now, obviously I KNOW He's here, He's with me, heck, He's even watching me type this post and probably shaking His head at me for it. I think it's just because of all the turmoil that has been going on in my life as of late that I'm feeling like I just can't seem to reach Him. I'm reminded often though, when my thoughts get like that, of that famous poem, Footprints, where God carries us through times of trouble and only one set of Footprints show up in the sand. I'm certain that I wouldn't be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel that I am now, if it weren't for God carrying me through the tough times. So I will continue seeking His face and I know that my season will come again. I think God takes advantage of these kinds of challenges in our life to make sure that we will still turn to Him even when we don't feel His immediate presence. That we will love Him unconditionally, not just for what He can do for us.

Here's a video on You Tube that reminds us that God's Love is never ending, it's about 4 minutes long, I hope you'll take the time to watch.

No comments: