Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Who Am I Worshipping For?

Oh Boy! I've been thinking on this post since Sunday. Pastor Dave really hit home with me during his sermon and I've been feeling convicted ever since. He said that Worship isn't about how it makes US feel, it's all about God. Then as if that wasn't bad enough, he had to drive it home with a video about it as well. I walked out of there humbled in shame in front of my Lord.

Don't get me wrong, when I praise God, I praise Him with all my heart, soul and mind. However, I know that I have ulterior motives to it sometimes as well. I know that I love the way it makes ME FEEL when I praise Him. Sometimes if I have been feeling low I'll think, I know, I just need to praise God and play Christian music and sing and pray and then I will feel better. Now, I know, the important part is that I praise Him and that I come to Him in prayer and praise, however, I also know that if I am completely honest with myself I also do it because it makes me feel good.

Here in lies a bit of a catch 22 though if you will, it's just a natural occurrence, for me at least, spending time with God DOES make you feel good, it can't be helped. So now I struggle with making sure that my time with Him is ALL for Him and not for me!

No comments: