Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Woke With A Psalm In My Head

Isn't it awesome how God works? In the post below you can see that I am just really struggling with being patient and trusting in the Lord and really leaning on Him. Yesterday morning I woke up and before my eyes had even fully focused Psalm 23 popped into my head. This is one of the few passages I vaguely remember memorizing in school when I was in 2nd grade. I don't always remember it word for word but can usually recite most of it, especially if I say it with someone else. What an awesome Psalm, and then of course it lead me to read a few Psalms after it. What a renewed strength and spirit it gave me to read that no matter what God is there for me and He WILL provide. In my head and my heart I always know that God will take care of us if only we cast our cares upon Him. Sometimes though that "human" factor sneaks in there and we want control. My having control isn't exactly working for us. LOL Thank you David for giving us such a wonderful book, thank you God for loving us.

No comments: