Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Living a Life of Discipline


Hebrews 12:11 says: No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, for those who have been trained by it, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace. Self imposed discipline is not something I've ever been really good at. Oh sure, I can do it as long as I have someone to do it with me, but leave me to my own devices and I fail miserably every time. This verse has come up a couple times in the last few weeks in different avenues of my life and each time it has given me pause because I know it's something I struggle with. Tonight it came up in the Financial Peace University Seminar that Jerry and I are going through at our church. Separately neither one of us are good at self discipline, but hopefully together we can do this and be successful.

No comments: